Joining the Bayridge Team -
An Invitation from Director Kim Christink
How would you like the best of both worlds?
At the Bayridge Family Center, my goal has been to diligently develop a program that envelopes the best of 'private practice' and the best of working on 'a dynamic multi-disciplinary team'. After working in this industry for over seventeen years, I have found that many counsellors desire the experience and independence of private practice. However, I have also found that after they have accomplished this milestone, they realize it is lonely, isolating and just a lot of work, especially all of the administration, marketing and accounting.
You can be Part of a Multi-disciplined Professional Team
At Bayridge we have developed a plan that allows therapists and counsellors to do what they do best, work with clients or patients. At Bayridge we have created the administration, accounting and marketing infrastructure so you can focus on the care of your clients. As well, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that will stretch you and allow for mutual support.
We are stronger together! Letís be honest, this is a business. It is competitive. After running this center for over 25 years we understand how competitive it is. Most of our counselors are able to come under supervision and, therefore, access clientsí insurance in order to build their practice. Our strength is our team. As a team we have greater influence and impact. We reach further and wider.
However, we have also retained your ability to stay in private practice. Most of the therapists act as 'independent practitioners'. Hence, all the business advantages of being in your own business are available to you. This works extremely well. We really believe it is a Win-Win-Win for the therapist, client, and Bayridge Team.
Who Should Apply?
Looking for an exciting opportunity to work with good people, who are proud to be professionals and strive to be great in their field of interest? If you are:
- A Medical Doctor
- A Psychologist
- A Social Worker or Associate
- A Marriage & Family Therapist
- Child & Youth Worker
- A Play or Art Therapist
- An Addictions Counselor
- A Pastoral Counselor with a Masters level degree or equivalent
How Can I Join?
- Have a Masters degree in a related counseling field.
- Presently are in private practice or want to be.
- Are studying in a Masters level counseling degree program and are looking for an internship
- Are interested in being a Bayridge satellite therapist in another town or city and fall into the above categories.
Email your CV or resume to our director Kim Christink at firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax it to 905-319-3670
We will be pleased to reply as soon as we can.
An interviewing appointment is set up in the Burlington office with the director.
If you are invited to join the Bayridge team you will be asked to provide the following:
BUILDING THE BEST PROFESSIONAL TEAM! ...WE KNOW HOW
- Three professional references
- Photocopies of your earned degrees.
- Proof of being a member in good standing of an accredited counseling body.
- Proof of being covered by your own malpractice insurance.
- Proof of a recent Police Check